The Glens Falls Civic Center is continuing the walking program for 2013. Wristbands can be purchased in the Administrative Offices and are valid for a full calendar year!
The Glens Falls Civic Center has reopened its doors welcoming those signed for the Walking Program to safely stroll around our concourse through the Fall and Winter seasons.
WALKING SCHEDULE: Daily 7:00am - 7:00pm
WALKING POLICY - At the start of each calendar year, all walkers are required to register in the Civic Center Administrative Office from 9:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. If you need to pick up a wristband after business hours, you can purchase a wristband from our Box Office until they close, which is at 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. Saturdays. *Summer Hours Excluded
Wristbands for each year are valid from January 1st through December 31st.
- Walkers ages 12-17 must register with the written consent of their parent or guardian.
- Walkers under the age of 12 are not permitted.
- Wristbands will be issued to identify those individuals participating in the walking program. (Please have these wristbands on your person when you come into the Civic Center to walk)
- Public - $10.00 per year
- Senior Citizens (65+) - $9.00 per year
The Civic Center reserves the right to restrict walking due to events or building maintenance. Whenever possible, advance notice of special hours will be posted on the bulletin board in the lobby. Please do not park in the main parking lot during regular business hours; 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. These parking spaces are for those patrons conducting business in the building. Walking across the parking lot is also a great way to add to your exercise time. Approximately 6.27 laps equals one mile on the inside lane of the track. Approximately 5.87 laps equals one mile on the outside lane. Runners should use the outside lane and walkers should use the inside lane. Be courteous of others and do not block both lanes.
Walkers are encouraged to refer to the stretching, target heart rate, and warm-up and cool-down posters, which are located throughout the arena. Informative materials promoting heart healthy behaviors are also displayed on the bulletin board and brochure rack.
* If you experience pain, shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure, extreme fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness or any unusual signs or symptoms - STOP IMMEDIATELY and consult your doctor!