The Glens Falls Civic Center is continuing the walking program for 2015. Wristbands can be purchased in the Administrative Offices and are valid for a full calendar year!
The Glens Falls Civic Center has reopened its doors welcoming those signed up for the Walking Program to safely stroll around our concourse through the Fall and Winter seasons.
WALKING SCHEDULE: Daily 7:00am - 7:00pm
WALKING POLICY - All walkers are required to register in the Civic Center Administrative Office. Office hours are from 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. If you need to pick up a wristband after business hours, you can purchase a wristband at our Box Office,
Monday-Friday, until 6pm, and Saturdays from 9am - 2pm. *Summer Hours Excluded
Wristbands are valid for a full year from the time of purchase.
- Walkers ages 12-17 must register with the written consent of their parent or guardian.
- Walkers under the age of 12 are not permitted.
- Wristbands will be issued to identify those individuals participating in the walking program. (Please have these wristbands on your person when you come into the Civic Center to walk)
- Public - $10.00 per year
- Senior Citizens (65+) - $9.00 per year
The Civic Center reserves the right to restrict walking due to events or building maintenance. Whenever possible, advance notice of special hours will be posted on the bulletin board in the lobby. Please do not park in the main parking lot during regular business hours; 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. These parking spaces are for those patrons conducting business in the building. Walking across the parking lot is also a great way to add to your exercise time. Runners should use the outside lane and walkers should use the inside lane. Be courteous of others and do not block both lanes.
Walkers are encouraged to refer to the stretching, target heart rate, and warm-up and cool-down posters, which are located throughout the arena. Informative materials promoting heart healthy behaviors are also displayed on the bulletin board and brochure rack.
* If you experience pain, shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure, extreme fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness or any unusual signs or symptoms - STOP IMMEDIATELY and consult your doctor!